& Certification Courses
Interactive trainings required by U.S. federal law to encourage a Safer Workplace
Providing compliance training to actively promote a safer and more educated workplace.
National HAZWOPER Foundation offers organizations and individuals the training materials they need maintain a safe work environment. These training courses are designed to ensure that the latest 2023 standards are met. NHF certification courses follow the latest OSHA guidelines. Join the thousands of organizations that rely on us to keep their employees safe.
If you have never taken a HAZWOPER training course before, then you will have to either take the 24 or 40 hour training.
The 40-Hour training (most common), is for workers who will:
- Potentially be exposed to hazardous materials regularly on their job site.
- Potentially be exposed to these materials at or above permissible exposure limits (PELs)
- Be using PPE equipment, for more than 30 days per year
- Supervise individuals who will doing any of the above.
The 24-Hour training is for workers who will:
- Potentially be exposed to hazardous materials occasionally on their job site.
- Potentially be exposed to these materials below permissible exposure limits (PELs)
- Be using PPE equipment, for less than than 30 days per year
- Supervise individuals who will doing any of the above, but not employees who need the 40-hour course
If you are still having trouble deciding which course you need, many individuals opt to take the 40-hour course just to be safe. It is also recommended that you ask your manager or supervisor to see which is the course they want you to get.
Each training consists of narrated interactive videos. Also included, is practice quizzes throughout to help reinforce what you have learned in each topic. The final exam is multiple choice and can be taken unlimited amount of times. Students must score a score of 70% or higher in order to receive certification document.
Yes, you take take the training at your own pace.